Instant Shutdown when Gaming

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 2kProUsa, Jan 1, 2012.

1. 2kProUsa

2kProUsa Private E-2

This is my brother's computer. I have built it myself. I have recently replaced the power supply. It now has a 650W coolermaster PSU up from a 400W but that doesnt stop the shutdowns. Then, I switched his ATI Radeon HD4650 to an MSI Twin Frozr 1G OC card but the shut downs keep happening! You can only play any video game for up to 15mins then it just shuts down. No error message or anything. When you start it backup it will just say " windows didnt correctly shutdown " thats about it. HELP?! The specs are the following

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 12/31/2011, 22:28:43
    Machine name: ALETHALCOMPUTER
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: MSI
    System Model: MS-7309
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Page File: 970MB used, 3124MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

2. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

All power connectors to video card plugged in? Another thing to check is the CPU heatsink/fan. If it isn't getting a good transfer of heat from the cpu to the heatsink the cpu may be getting hot and they have an internal shutdown temp and when it's reached the processor will shut down. You may want to pull the heatsink off, clean it and reapply the thermal compound.

Sam

3. PrissyChrissy

PrissyChrissy Private E-2

You cannot even get a blue screen or event error this way.....

Go to control panel, system, advanced tab, start up and recovery, and uncheck automatically restart.

4. 2kProUsa

2kProUsa Private E-2

I have the memory dump file to be written incase of a failure, would that file have a use for anyone here?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds