Integrated sound card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Osianic, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Osianic

Osianic Private E-2

I have a problem.

Dont u love when people start threads with those words...

Well its the trouth. I have at p4 2,8 ghz 1024 ddr ram MSI 865pe Neo2 mothercard with integrated sound (ac97 i think). It's going like a clock with onley one setback. When i play games with high graficdemands and the computer goning warm the sond disapear. When I close the game and go in again the sound is there again but onley for a shoort while. If I rebot and let the computer rest some time the game works with sound a bit longer but then the problem Is back.

What shoud I do? A computer salesman want to sell a new sound card to me and i think i will by it.

Patrik

2. SFTCRellik

SFTCRellik Private E-2

dont forget the integrated sound is using ur processor!!, it could slow down and lock up if its an intense game.....just get a little 24bit sound card for under 50 bux!!!!

3. Osianic

Osianic Private E-2

Tnx,

I will do that. A question. Is this a rare problem or do some one else experiensed it?

4. Prophets21

Prophets21 Staff Sergeant

If you buy a 24 bit sound card it will use less resources than your on board sound and will sound better.

5. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

Interestingly, I've got on-board sound, and both times my processor was going out, and it started to sound like someone talking on helium.

Sound is going to be my next upgrade after my modem.

6. SFTCRellik

SFTCRellik Private E-2

if ur a gammer then a sound card is a must thats all there is to it :)

7. Osianic

Osianic Private E-2

Why do a 24 bit non integretaed soundcaard use less resourses from the processor? Any special caard that is recomended?

Oh one more thing. I lie the one about a computer on heleum. he he. :)

Tnx for all help

8. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

In short terms, for the same reason we use a video card over intergrated graphics. They route all the information and process's to the card itself instead of forcing the CPU to do all the work. The higher end the CPU/Memory is, the less this difference is felt. But sometimes can be as much as 15% diffrence.

"Best" sound card right now is a Sound blaster x-fi.

Having heat related issues doesn't come from your soundcard, but from poor airflow in your case - OR - from poor contact of your heatsink on your CPU.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds