INTEL 82801IBICH9 HDA Controller A-3 Problem find it correct driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by kostal, Aug 13, 2009.

1. kostal

kostal Private E-2

Hello,
    AT work I have just received a laptop from a collegue that is not longer in the company and this is laptop VAIO VGN NS11E, where the speakers and microphone does not work. I have by many ways to make it work without success, the problem that I see is that apparently I receive a message that the not ouput audio device is installed, but at the hardware manager I see that everything is working good. I attach a report from EVEREST.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Attached Files:

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

The laptop uses the RealTek High Definition Audio driver and has an Intel GL40 mobile chipset. Install the chipset software first, you can download it from this link. Restart the PC, then install the audio driver, you can download it from this link. That should do it! Good luck!
    :-D

(You should uninstall any sound drivers that are currently installed BEFORE installing the chipset and/or new sound driver)

3. kostal

kostal Private E-2

Hello thanks for your comments and reply, I have done all steps as you mentioned and I continue having the problem that my speakers does not work. Here I attach a file that shows that apparently everything should work fine but the issue is that speakers and microphone does not work. What Shall I do to correct it? Exist any possibility that the problem is that the laptop was originally with Vista home and now has the professional edition?.

Attached Files:

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

When you say that the speakers don't work, do you mean that you have no sound at all? Or do you mean that no sound comes through the speaker jack, but the built in speakers have sound? If the jacks (both headphone/speaker jack and microphone jack) don't work, but you do have sounds coming thru the built in speakers, then the jacks may be muted via the Windows or RealTek settings. If the PC has absolutely no sound, but everything says you should have sound, then, again, there may be some things muted in the control panel settings for the on board audio device(s).

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I just worked on a laptop yesterday that had sound through the speakers, but did not have sound through the headphone jack, and did not even recognize when headphones were plugged in. The problem was easily fixed by downloading and installing the newest RealTek HiDef Audio Driver for Vista. You can download it from this link.

6. kostal

kostal Private E-2

Hi, when I say that the speakers don't work, I do mean that I have no sound at all; There is no sound comes through the speaker jack neither the built in speakers. According to one of your comments how can I un-mute the control panel settings or on the board audio device(s)?. According to my short knowledge I have reviewed everything related to sound and all settings are set to let audio to be heared.

7. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

If you have already checked all the possible settings and nothing is muted, then I'm out of ideas, other than checking the BIOS and making sure the sound is enabled, and I'm sure it is. Is there an external volume knob or dial? Also, many laptops have a hotkey for volume where you'd press the 'Fn' key + one of the 'F#' keys at the top to turn the audio level up, down, or mute. If you plug in speakers or headphones, do you get a notification recognizing the speakers/headphones?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds