Intel 945GM Video Card cannot play any games?

Discussion in 'Software' started by I Love Grits, Nov 1, 2006.

1. I Love Grits

I Love Grits Private E-2

Ok guys, I have a Dell Latitude D620, with 1gig of ram, 80 gb hard drive, windows xp home, and the intel 945GM video card. I went and bought Battlefield 2 today, installed it properly, and when I go to play it , the screen will flash black for a second (like it is opening the new window that the game will be in) and then go back to the main background.

Is this a video card problem, and is there anything I can do about it?

2. rafal

rafal Private E-2

Here is the bad news from Intel on this:

Intel® 82945G Express Chipset
    Battlefield 2* Game Fails to Launch

When Battlefield 2* game is launched, the splash screen is displayed and then the game exits to the desktop.

Intel is not aware of a fix or workaround for this issue. Contact the game manufacturer † for further updates, patches or support.

Check this website out.
    http://www.intel.com/support/graphic.../CS-021400.htm

3. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

Intel i945 video cards have weak support for 3D drivers. Or at least they used to!

You may just need to update the intel driver!

Regards.....

4. I Love Grits

I Love Grits Private E-2

and how do I update the driver?

5. I Love Grits

I Love Grits Private E-2

Tried to update via the Intel website, using the

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...All&OSFullName=All Operating Systems&lang=eng

and got this message : The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer's manufacturer.

Setup will exit.

However, when setup first started, it stated that it will work for the Intel 945GM Express Chipset.

Whats goin on here guys?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds