Intel chipset error in Device manager

Discussion in 'Software' started by thomas_nuffan, Dec 28, 2010.

1. thomas_nuffan

thomas_nuffan Private First Class

I have an acer desktop (Veriton M460) intel chipset g33/g31 express chipset and in the device manager I get the yellow exclamation mark next to the device in the device manager.

I've gone to intel's website and ran the driver utility program but it tells me the driver is current and is "valid". When I go to acer's website directly and download/install the driver that way, as soon as it finishes I get two additional yellow question marks, one for "VGA video" and another for "SM Bus" then I'll go back to intel's website, run the driver utility program which fixes the two issues but then reverts the chipset back to the yellow exclamation mark

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello,
    According to Acer your chipset is Intel 946GZ + ICH7DH

Have you tried the Intel INF update utility? It will update the INF files and if it finds one missing, will install it.

3. thomas_nuffan

thomas_nuffan Private First Class

That fixed the issue. thanks! (B)

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

You are Welcome. Glad to help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds