Intel express chip set

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by problemswithvaio, Jul 30, 2005.

1. problemswithvaio

problemswithvaio Corporal

I recently had a bad experience with a graphics card and had to go back to my original integrated intel card, before I installed my graphics card I ran a driver cleaner for intel, I tried reinstalling all the original drivers that were deleted, and now anything over average, sometimes even small things lag. intel express chipset 910GL

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

Integrated video cards are good for work but even simple games suck with them. They share their ram with system ram and that's always slower and causes lag.

If you're talking about things at the desktop being slow it could simply be your resolution setting. Many onboard video cards are fairly weak and have a max res of 1024x768 or some go to 1280x1024. Of course quite often it does these max supported resolutions slowly and other times it can only do them well or at all if it's less then a 32 bit color depth. So make sure it's not set to high.

It could also just be driver issues, but it sounds like you covered that already. You just can't expect too much out of onboard video.

3. problemswithvaio

problemswithvaio Corporal

I know, but it worked fine before and I mean even simple video isn't going well at all I dunno what to do. : /

4. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

If it was working fine before it's still got to be one of the thigns I listed above. Either you're running on a diffrent res then before thus causing the slow down or you haven't installed the correct drivers or are having a driver conflict.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds