Intel GMA x4500 graphics card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Corry, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Corry

Corry Private E-2

Hi,

New to all this so please be patient... i have recently had to claim on household insurance for a new laptop... my previous laptop cost alot of money (over a grand) as (at the time dec 2003) it had a really good graphics card (or so i was told), it was a 128mb ATI Radeon 9600 (M10) mobile graphics. The laptop that my insurance company has given me as a replacement retails at the £400 mark which is the Samsung R510 with a Intel GMA X4500, 2gb ram. Now my old laptop (when i got it) could play all the new games... however the replacement laptop cannot play any new games (i checked on Can You RUN It?). I know specs rapidly improve and cost comes down but am concerned that the insurance company is trying to fob me off with a lesser machine!!

I have downloaded the 3DMark06 to test the graphics card but i cannot get it to install, i double click the icon and then nothing.

I guess i would just like someone to tell me how my old laptop compares to the new one. Old = Solus 1030+ (G736) Notebook from Multivision with before mentioned ATI graphics (http://www.trustedreviews.com/notebooks/review/2003/11/10/Multivision-Solus-1030/p1), New = Samsung as mentioned (http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Samsung_R510_NP-R510-FAA3UK/version.asp?refsource=ldprunner) also, see attached file for specs.

Any advice on the comparison of the two systems or how i can check/test the graphics capabilities of the new laptop would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Corry

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds