Intel Management Engine Fails To Update

Discussion in 'Software' started by Marty9, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Marty9

Marty9 Private E-2

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14. It has a i7-5500U processor.

There's a critical update for "Intel Management Engine 11.0 Firmware -7 [32,64]/8.1/10 [64]". However, installing it produces the following error message: "error 8743 Unknown or unsupported platform". (see attached screenshot)

I've tried installing it with the utility from the Lenovo site, as well as using the standard Lenovo updating tool called "System Update 5". Both with the same result.

I don't know what to do. Intel says it can't help because it's Lenovo specific. And Lenovo won't help because it's out of warranty.

Attached Files:

• ff.jpg
      ff.jpg
      File size:
      28.9 KB
      Views:
  2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

3. Marty9

Marty9 Private E-2

I've indeed tried that utility and the update doesn't show there. But for as far as I understand that utility it doesn't check for Intel Management Engine. It only checks Graphics, Bluetooth and Wireless.
    Intel also mentioned to me that the software is Lenovo-specific and therefore supplied by Lenovo; so the Intel utility wouldn't identify it.

Although my system is working ok, it is a critical update. Given some of the data on my laptop I can't just forget about this update.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Well, if Lenovo wont help you I don't see any answer than just carrying on without that update. The error message is saying that your system doesn't support that update.
    You can view the 'README' text about that update to see what it's actually for.
    If it is that critical to your specific system, but it wont install, and Lenovo refuse to help, I would personally threaten Lenovo with a referral to your local State consumer rights authority.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds