IntelAMTPP.dll failed to load - suspicious of online repair options

Discussion in 'Software' started by laurac, Feb 9, 2014.

1. laurac

laurac Private E-2

I've been getting this error for a while and ignoring it, but had a problem yesterday that encouraged me to fix it. I'm not finding a whole lot of info online - there's a RegUtility tool that had a bad writeup. I also found PCFixKit_Setup.exe but not a lot about it online - one site said it was 'probably' OK to run. Any advice?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Don't run fixits from unknown sites.
    You need to post the brand and exact model of computer you are using as well as what version of windows. That way we can check put the hardware on your computer and point you to the proper driver for your version of windows.

3. laurac

laurac Private E-2

It's a Hewlett Packard, model p6210y running Windows 7. Thanks.

4. plodr

If this is your computer http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...egory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4006020#N352
    I'm not sure why it complains about Intel. It has an AMD, not Intel processor. It also has nVidia graphics. So you should not have that Intel dll trying to run at startup.

The Intel AMT is for a different model HP and a notebook, not a desktop. This computer has Intel rather than AMD.
    http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/si...=en&cc=us&sp4ts.oid=3688870&swItem=ob_63028_2

Did you download a driver that you should not have?

5. laurac

laurac Private E-2

Certainly not intentionally - I do notice the dll file it complains about not finding is in a Canon directory under AppData/Local....I'm pretty sure this error started coming up after getting rid of something with Malwarebytes, but cannot be absolutely sure.

6. plodr

Look at what is running at startup. You might be able to disable the Canon entries and stop the error from appearing.

I have an HP printer and disabled the utility from running at startup. I never have a problem using the printer and it I feel the need to go into the utilities, I can get to them through the Program files.

7. laurac

laurac Private E-2

Oh, the printer definitely starts a utility automatically. Sound logical, thanks.

8. laurac

laurac Private E-2

9. plodr

Is your printer working properly? If so, you don't need a driver for the printer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds