Intenet connection gone. WHY?? Everest here.

Discussion in 'Software' started by parispete, Mar 15, 2009.

1. parispete

parispete Private E-2

My Dell optiplex GX260 has suddenly lost its internet connection. I haven't the skills to know where the problem is, but here's an Everest report. Can some kind geek recommend what I should do?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Everest log will only be of some use if you have drivers missing, so in Device manager do you have any Yellow ! Marks by any devices?

What Windows version is the Dell using?

Do you get any error messages when trying to connect to the internet, if so what are they?

What is your internet connection from this PC, Wired or WiFi?

If you have a Software firewall installed, then disable it to test its not blocking your connection.

I take it your using another PC via the same internet connection and its ok?

3. parispete

parispete Private E-2

Sorry - forgot to include the Everest report on my Dell optiplex 260 with the failed internet connection. Here it is. Any suggestions most gratefully received.

Attached Files:

4. parispete

parispete Private E-2

Thanks, Halo. I'm running a Dell OEM of XP Pro, which was fine until the tech guy installed a new router and wall bracket, which came with a recent change of ISPs. Everything works with other PCs, so it looks like a Dell driver problem. I'll rip out all the security and try it again - thanks for the good tip. I was hoping Everest could point to the problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds