interent explorer 6

Discussion in 'Software' started by xmen205, Jan 2, 2005.

1. xmen205

xmen205 Private E-2

hi everyone.i have got a problem in my computer .it has win 98 installed in it.whenever i open an internet explorer 6 and type google.com,yahoo.com etc. .it redirects me to msn search engine.(though it is not my homepage).secondly,i am able to open yahoo.co.uk.but no images can be seen,when i login with my id.i do see the messages.but the buttons like checkmail and delete do not work on clicking .thirdly.when i start my comuter it asks to restore my active desktop.but when i click it , it opens a folder.please help me.

2. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

Have you tried to "Reset Web Settings" for the IE problem?

3. xmen205

xmen205 Private E-2

please tell me how to reset web settings

4. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

1) Click on My Computer

2) Click on Control Panel

3) Select Internet Options

4) In "Internet Options" click the "Program" tab and select "Reset web settings"

If this does not work, let me know!

5. xmen205

xmen205 Private E-2

no sorry.i am still not able to open google.com ,yahoo.com or any other website.please tell me what should i do.

6. angelicus5aok

angelicus5aok Private E-2

ok this is a good one. Go to search icon on the browser (magnifying glass).
    When the window on the right appears, get to the settings in that box. go through the search engines that you want and then uncheck all. then use one search engine for everything. Google is there, but under advance settings.
    Click on that and then close and close the browser.
    reopen browser and then go to tools, seettings, internet options, and in the general tab, change your default home page to Google com. apply and close.
    then go to the settings tab, internet options, and in the advance option turn off shit like java, then go through the list there and check off what you want and dont. Go to the most likely page is the setting on search.

Finally, make sure you don't have a trojan program, or a virus. Run spyhunter. (free) or spysweeper( 19.99). (SS works nice!). remove all bullshit from your comp.
    Restart.
    You will now jump to google when yopu open your web page.
    when you type on the search bar, you will jump to the nearest exit and get what you are looking for.

I get the feeling that you may have adware somewhere, get adware remover too.
    hope this helps.

Cherr up,

You can always get XP or 2000.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds