Interent not connecting after virus.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ithrin, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Ithrin

Ithrin Private E-2

After getting a virus earlier today, and removing the virus(or so I believe) my internet will only work for the first 5 seconds, then quit allowing me to go to sites. Or connect to online games and such. And after testing my gf's laptop her internet works fine, its just my computer.

When I start my computer and log into my account I get pop up errors at start:

-There was a problem starting C:\user\appdata\local\wmanscop.dll
    The specific module could not be found.

-There was a problem... \appdata\local\amalegetekola.dll
    The specific module could not be found.

So in order to get access to web pages I have to go to my IE tools, change LAN settings and such. But then after a while of making the changes, it will set itself back to the default settings and not allow me internet access properly.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

It would be best to follow the below as written as some malware components maybe left on your PC thus hampering internet connection, especially those random file dlls popping up at startup.

3. Lmason5

Lmason5 Private E-2

I agree with David, it could have placed more on your computer than you realize, however if the malware report comes back clean, please reply to this post and I would be more than happy to assist you from the networking side of your computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds