Interesting: PC BSOD's when plugging in USB Flash drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by Layzie Bone, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Layzie Bone

Layzie Bone Private E-2

I actually work at a little shop and interestingly enough 2 computers, one laptop and one desktop, one is a dell and the other a jetbook. Both have the exact same problem. When I plug in a flash drive I get a Blue Screen.

"An attempt to execute non-executable memory"

I googled the bug check and nothing really points to one particular issue (which they usually don't). Is this coinsidence or is it a new virus thats sneaking around.

I'm working on scanning one of the drives and waiting to perform a Windows Repair on the other. If I find out what the problem is I will be sure to post the solution so in case if anyone else is experiencing the problem they'll know how to fix it.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

If you are certain that the thumb drive contains no virus, then this is either a software or hardware issue.

3. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

That sentence could go a long way inhere. :-D

4. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

If it's the same Flash Drive it could have errors. Even if it's a brand new one right out of the factory. Try another one?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds