intermittent enternet connection?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by slayer1970, Oct 9, 2006.

1. slayer1970

slayer1970 Private E-2

my wife had an emachine and recently it is connecting and disconnecting from the enternet
    i have contacted my isp and had them check there service and it is goo as my computer runs on the same dsl?what would cause this what it does is it will be connected then a bubble pops up at the bottom and says the network cable is disconnected and 3 seconds later it is connected again and ect....
    over and over ?
    what would cause this and what do i need to do to fix this problem ?
    please be specific as i have very lil knowledge of ths aspect of the computer
    THANK YOU FOR ANY AND ALL ASSISTANCE IN ADVANCE

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Good question ....right click the local connection ....properties ...on the nic card click configure ..see if the power options tab is set to "allow the computer to turn off ......."

If that isn't it ...go to device manager and uninstall the nic card then reboot ...if that doesn't work ....try a different ethernet card.

3. rosewoodtech

rosewoodtech Private E-2

replace the cable

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds