Internal Error 2356. Data1.cab

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gummo, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Gummo

Gummo Private E-2

I've recently formatted my PC and when installing ACDSee 5.0, I'm getting the above error message.

I'm awaiting an answer from ACDSee after an exhaustive but fruitless search on-line.

In the meantime, any ideas?

PS: I have XP pro with SP3.

2. Gummo

Gummo Private E-2

Anyone?

3. Gummo

Gummo Private E-2

Still waiting....please?

4. dirtysteve

dirtysteve Private E-2

I had this error whilst trying to reinstall Windows XP using the files stored on the computer under C:Windows/i386
    I also got the error saying it was unable to proceed as the version of windows on the CD (??? I wasnt using a CD) was older than the current version.

The fix to this was to simply uninstall Windows XP service pack 2 to take the current version back to the backup version then I could reinstall XP without either of the errors.

Im not sure this will help you Gummo as it sounds like you got the error under different circumstances but it will help anyone else who finds this post whilst struggling to reinstall XP from the files on the PC.

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Gummo.

'.Cab' files are cabinet files, which are compressed archives.

It's possible that the ACDSee program has become corrupted, and there are several types of corruption to consider, such as type of media on which the data is stored, transference of the data to and from devices, and the decompression process.

How do you store the ACDSee program? Is it a program disk from the manufacturer, or did you download it? If it's a downloaded program, consider re-downloading it.

Another angle: some antivirus programs do not fare well with archival files. You might try temporarily disabling your a/v software, try to reinstall the program.

6. Gummo

Gummo Private E-2

Thanks very much for your time, Steve. I have SP3 on, so I'm probably going to reformat and get ACDsee on before installing the SPs.

7. Gummo

Gummo Private E-2

Thanks for the reply, caliban.

I've always installed it from a downloaded file. I've tried a backup version but the problem persists. I think I'm due a reformat.

8. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Yeah, if you're not worried about data, a format's always good. And, I like the idea of staggering your updates.

Good luck - keep us posted. :major

9. Gummo

Gummo Private E-2

Will do, comrade - thanks again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds