Internet Acces Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brisky, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Brisky

Brisky Private E-2

Hello,
    I have a fairly new Asus Eee PC 1201N with windows 7 installed.

I got it maybe three weeks ago and just recently had to do a fresh reimage of the hard drive. I used the included Asus backup disk to do it and everything works fine.

The only problem I do have is that every five minutes or so my wifi internet will stop working.

By this I mean that my browser will just say "loading" forever.
    The network connection still says its connected and that I have a strong signal but none of my programs can access the internet when its like this.

I have all the latest drivers installed for it.
    I even tried an older wifi driver and saw no difference.

Device manager reports no hardware issues either.

I did have the HOST file installed (the one linked to on this site for malware).
    I thought maybe that was giving me grief so I deleted it and reverted back to the old one and still no dice.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Brisky

Brisky Private E-2

Yeah only firewall I have is windows.
    I have done lots of scans and use Avira.

Like I said just did a fresh image on the hard drive not two days ago.
    SO not sure what it is...

3. Brisky

Brisky Private E-2

Alright I will check some more of my settings on the router and let you know.

----------
    Hmm.
    Just tried IPconfig and it pops up and than disappears.
    Am I missing something?
    I am logged in as the Admin.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds