Internet connected but firewalled

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mme0004, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Mme0004

Mme0004 Private E-2

My internet is connected but fire walled I am using a modem and a wireless router . My desktop has no wireless and will not work . My laptop can pick up the wireless.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version do you have?

What is the make and model of your PCs (desktop and laptop)?

What Firewall softwareare you using or is it the one inbuilt into your router, name of software and make and model of router will be handy to know? plus is the same firewall application used on the desktop and laptop?

I'm guessing as to what your question is here, but if its that you cannot connect to the internet, then to test that its not your firewall, disable it and see if you can connect?

But you will have to explain some more as to what the problem is and with any error messages you get, so we can have more of a clue as to what is happening with your internet or PCs?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds