Internet Connecting Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gophersquisher, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Gophersquisher

Gophersquisher Private E-2

This is gonna be a long post and I've been working on it for a while so I may repeat some things but here it goes:

On my other computer I run Windows vista. In the middle of using the internet everything stopped loading and it couldnt connect. I checked my other computers and they are also wireless and they are functioning properly. I checked my computer with the problem and the network adaptor on the back is glowing green and it is said to be working fine. When I try to diagnose the problem it says that I need to make sure my Local Area Connector is plugged in, which it is.

On the network status it says connected with limited access. On the network page there is a picture of my computer connected to "unknown network" but then not connected to the internet. If there is additional info needed just tell me but I think I have covered most bases so far. I have checked my device manager and everything is working properly.

2. Gophersquisher

Gophersquisher Private E-2

Sorry, I don't know a lot of the information about my connection I'll have to dig it out in a little while but the computer with problems is a wireless desktop, on the other side of the house is why its not wired. My laptop and my other desktop both work fine. Nothing in the operating system is malfunctioning and all my power settings don't change a thing and I have tried it. I know you need more info I'll post back in an hour or two with it, thats when I get off work for my break.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds