Internet connection duration time don't add up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bras33, Oct 10, 2011.

1. bras33

bras33 Private E-2

Hello, I don't know if it's a problem or not but I am a little worried. I have a HP laptop connected wirelessly on the internet. I live with other family members in the house who are also using the same wifi. But I have a problem. At the beginning of the day I was connected on the internet I don't know how long. I disconnected from the internet later. During the day I reconnected to the internet again but I shut down the computer in between. To connect to the internet I must press the wireless button which goes from red to white and I configure the wireless connection that it doesn't connect automatically. So I press the button and connect it manually myself. My problem is that I turn on my computer to listen to some audios with the wireless button off (red). I went to sleep, I locked my computer and woke up 3 hours later. This is my personal computer so no one knows my password and while I was asleep it was not possible for someone to access the computer. I connected to the internet, I go to connection duration time and it shows that I was connected for about 4h26 mins. So while I was listening to the audios I was connected, and I was not looking at the laptop. Just to be sure I shut down the computer connected again to the internet and the internet duration time restarted to zero. Now I am really worried because it does not make any sense. Can a hacker hack my computer in this state like call up my computer while there is no connection on or some kind of spyware doing this? Is it a problem with my computer? Or is this a normal thing??? Thank you for your help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds