internet connection issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by andyman77, Sep 20, 2013.

1. andyman77

andyman77 Private E-2

Hi all and a good day to you.

Im off to look at my sisters computer later as she is having some issues and i thought i
    would try and get a few ideas to what may be causing it. I'll run through what i know and if anyone
    has any ideas i would be really thankful for your advice.

She woke up and when she tried to connect to the internet it was 'local' only.
    Her phone and other devices are fine and not effected (which tells me the network key is still fine and no
    settings have be changed)
    When the computer was taken to another regular wifi used, it connected fine ( which tells me the wifi card is ok)
    So no settings seemed to have changed, which leaves me a bit puzzled as to why all of a sudden this has happened.

A system restore did nothing. A reset of modem changed nothing either and even connecting a ethernet
    did nothing which really stumpped me.

She is running Vista 32bit and has not installed any new software recently.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and have a great day

Andy

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

Have you tried running the troubleshooter program in CONTROL PANEL > Network and Shaing Center?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds