Internet Connection Not working//Hardware??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RN2006, Jun 24, 2006.

1. RN2006

RN2006 Private E-2

Hello there.

I was refered here from the Malware forum.
    After cleaning my computer from Malware and NewDot.dll, my internet connection doesn't work any more.
    The pc ditects the wireless connection, but does not locate the IP adress.
    So never connects to the internet.

I am running a Win XP SP2.

Can anyone help?

2. krazy4pcs

krazy4pcs Private E-2

Try 2 reboot in safe mode with networking....re-run your virus removing software...then try 2 get online with safe mode....that should work...if not....i will try 2 come up with more ideas....or uninstall ur hardware for ur network card....and reinstall it and the driver.....and try 2 use some other type of internet program such as mozilla.

3. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Check your firewall settings. If you run a 3rd party firewall, make sure to check the Windows firewall also. Sometimes it can be turned back on.

4. RN2006

RN2006 Private E-2

Hello and thank you very much for the suggestions.

My PC is Free of virus as we have cleaned everything on the Malware forum.
    We did that in safe mode.

I rebooted with safe mode, uninstalled my Wireless card and driver and installed back again. I still can't connect.
    I also used Mozilla Firefox. Same result.

I am not using a 3ed party Firewall. Only windows. And obviously it is not working. Whn I try to put it on, it gives the following message "Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet connection sharing (ICS) service.
    I know that this happened when I got the NEwDot.dll but I rebooted the Winsock and it worked again. So now it's not.

Also another thing.
    When I am on safe mode, even though I re-installed the Wireless driver and software, there is no blue light on the wireless button. So it means it's not working. In normal mode it is working fine.

Any suggestions?

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Start / run / (type) cmd / (type) ipconfig /all
    post results

6. krazy4pcs

krazy4pcs Private E-2

ahaha....u stole my post tim...i was gonna tell u 2 do the same thing....if it u get something...then u have a bottleneck somewhere....if u get nothing....then ur computer does not recognize ur card....post what happened..

7. RN2006

RN2006 Private E-2

Hello guise,

Sorry I was away for the week end and couldn't reply.
    Guess what? I ran the New Winsocksfix, and it took care of the problem. Internet is working again.

So thank you for the suggestions. Do you still want me to post the results???

Also another problem that I am experiencing is that when I run a video or Skype, the hall pc screen freezes. Any suggestions on that?

Your site is great. Just the best.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds