Internet Connection Password Restore

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mihavana21, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mihavana21

mihavana21 Private E-2

Im logged on to my dads internet and he forgot the password and i never knew it and i now i want to connect my PS3 to the internet but i don't have the password to it. since my computer is connected to it is there any way i can find out what the password is? or any way that my computer will show me the password?

thanks

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

When youre trying to log on to his account, is there a 'forgot my password' link you can click on? You might have to call your ISP and have them reset it if not.

3. PEBKAC

PEBKAC Private First Class

Are you referring to the password for the account at the ISP or the wireless encryption phrase?

4. mihavana21

mihavana21 Private E-2

im talking about the network password, the network is secured so it has a password and my computer is loged on with that password but i want to know if there is a way to see the password so i can put it on my ps3

5. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

good call pebkac.
    If you forgot your wireless encryption key, you can access your router again to change it, in the same way as when you secured it the first time. However, if you forgot the password to the routers admin console itself, there should be a little factory reset button thatll put the router back to rectory defaults.

6. PEBKAC

PEBKAC Private First Class

Thanks for the follow up on this one, KingSteve. That's pretty much the direction I was going with asking that question. On a side note, some wireless cards will show you the encryption phrase in the network configuration on the computer--but others won't. It depends on the card and driver. If you look at the properties of the network connection, it will most likely either show you the passphrase or display dots. mihavana21, that's one other thing you could check.

7. mihavana21

mihavana21 Private E-2

oh ok i see where you both are going with this, il give it a try. thank you both :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds