Internet Download Manager Plays Only Audio For .flv Download

Discussion in 'Software' started by LuniLadi, Feb 23, 2016.

1. LuniLadi

LuniLadi Private E-2

I've been using IDM (6.25 build 3 most recently) happily for quite some time. For Christmas I purchased an online class which streams (?) from a .com website. I paid $128 for the class which remains online. Although I can view it anytime, I'd like to have it on my hard drive so I can put it on my laptop and watch it in bed instead of sitting at my desktop computer. Also I've purchased classes in the past and the website went out of business and *poof* my purchased classes went with them!!

When I use IDM to download the .flv file and play it back using Windows media player, I only get audio...no video.

Can anyone suggest:
    -- what's going wrong?
    -- a solution
    -- another program I can use?

Thanks for the assist!
    LuniLadi

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

IDM is currently at 6.25 build 12. IDM only downloads files it doesn't play them. That's the job of your media player. An alternate media player you might try is VLC available at Major Geeks.

3. LuniLadi

LuniLadi Private E-2

I'm not playing the downloaded video in IDM. I am playing it in Windows Media Player...but only the AUDIO portion of it plays....no video/pictures. I do also have VLC and Adobe Flash. No matter, no pictures...just audio.

I thought I read online somewhere that the .flv files were now split into audio/video and put back together upon playback. I'm not sure. The discussions was too technical for my understanding.

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

5. LuniLadi

LuniLadi Private E-2

6. LuniLadi

LuniLadi Private E-2

FLV Downloader Pro v1.4.1 didn't work. I've also tried 2-3 Chrome extensions...all of them, including FLV Downloader, download the files but just have audio with no video upon playback.
    Any suggestions.....anyone?????

7. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

FreeMake Video Downloader and Free Download Manager both work for me. I use either on music videos and self-help auto repair videos and shop work that I do. One or the other will always get the finished product.

8. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

I'll bet the OP graduated already!

****** 2nd word at the link is "CRACK" *******

Acceptable some places, but not @MajorGeeks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds