Internet Explorer 7 Corrupt and I cant download AVAST free edition

Discussion in 'Software' started by MASTERJEDI688, Dec 27, 2009.

1. MASTERJEDI688

MASTERJEDI688 Private E-2

Yesterday I did a System restore on my pc(restored it to factory specifications) because my Windows XP file was corrupt. apart from the my McAfee does not run virus scan. so I removed McAfee and i would like to download AVAST but my pc is not letting me. How do I fix my Internet Explorer 7 and download AVAST?

2. MASTERJEDI688

Hey....I managed to Download the AVAST Internet security Freeware. Don't know if IE6 is fixed. I reinstalled my Windows XP CD software and now I as I just said I'm downloading AVAST. If IE6 works, I'll let you guys know. If not Hopefully you guys can help me fix the problem.

3. Oldphil

Oldphil Sergeant

Did you use the McAfee removal tool? That is important it leaves a bunch of junk behind. When you say corrupt that could mean maleware of a virus go into your system, just doing a restore may or may not work getting it fixed properly.

4. MASTERJEDI688

Thanks oldphil I downloaded the removal software and its all gone. My IE7 is now IE8 and everything is working just fine. Again..Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds