internet explorer 7 shuts down

Discussion in 'Software' started by phoenix182, Jan 17, 2008.

1. phoenix182

phoenix182 Private E-2

I have a couple of problems when it comes to IE7 not sure if they're related though.

Problem 1: If I download a file/program (lets say ccleaner), it finishes downloading and the window comes up with open, open folder, close. If I press open it comes up with
    'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.'
    however if i press close then go to the folder and open it there's no problem at all.

Problem 2: If I try to open a pdf file from a website it automatically shuts down all IE windows.

I'm running ZoneAlarm if that's any help!

Thanks

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

As a test, could you enable Windows Firewall and disable ZoneAlarm, and then see what happens?

3. phoenix182

phoenix182 Private E-2

Thanks! I did that and both problems went away so I'm guessing it's a ZoneAlarm thing? Is there a setting I can change in ZoneAlarm so it stops happening?

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I'm not a ZoneAlarm user, so I'm not familiar with it's settings. Someone familiar with it will probably be along soon.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds