Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by go2ri2l, Jan 13, 2007.

1. go2ri2l

go2ri2l Private E-2

For the past month I've had problems opening web pages. Often, I can get them to open by hitting Shift and clicking, but not always.
    I also get a lot of blocked images, the red x.
    I had recently changed to Avast antivirus from AVG, because of notices that said it would no longer be free.
    I believe I've also updated IE, as well as a perfoming a :( few Windows updates.
    I've got Zone Alarm Fire wall.
    My security and privacy settings are on medium.
    Help!
    Beth

2. dgeyer

dgeyer Private E-2

I have also had the same problem for over two months and realized through reading troubleshooting internet explorer that it is a Int. Exp. 7 glitch. I contacted them and they said to update Int. Exp. 7 which I did and it is doing that again.....go to microsoft.com and enter int. exp....Int. exp. cannot display this webpage....if nothing works, call Microsoft support @ 866-234-6020. That is what I'm doing today to remedy the situation! Maybe.....
    Dgeyer

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I had the same problem and was told to check the registry for a certain thing ( had to do with .jpeg or .gif)...sorry don't remember exactly where or what it was and wouldn't want to mess up your register..but that might help some one help you

4. go2ri2l

go2ri2l Private E-2

Thanks, it's not just me:)
    I'll keep mucking around...and pressing shift!
    Beth

5. chrisranjana.com

chrisranjana.com Private E-2

Can you open the webpage using mozilla firefox ? Maybe the website is having issues ?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds