Internet Explorer Error Message after OS upgrade

Discussion in 'Software' started by tripseven, Jul 26, 2007.

1. tripseven

tripseven Private First Class

Greetings,

I just upgraded my Toshiba laptop from 98SE to XP. Everything is fine except I am getting an error message when trying to access the internet. Message reads, Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    run time error
    Progarm: C:\program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the applications support team for more information.

Well, I would but I can not access the internet!

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

If you have the Google Toolbar, uninstall it and see if that solves the problem.

Steve

3. tripseven

Thanks. I believe it does have the Google toolbar(this is not my laptop). I was helping a friend with this upgrade.

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

OK. Just uninstall it, see if it solves the problem. If so, just reinstall the Google Toolbar and should be ok.

Steve

5. tripseven

Would this affect both the modem and the ethernet connection? I cannot access with either method.

6. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Did you remove the toolbar?

Steve

7. tripseven

Not yet. I am at work and will try this evening. Thanks.

8. tripseven

Ok, I removed the Google toolbar and the ethernet now works. The modem(s) still will not function. I went into device manager and it lists two modems, one says Toshiba software modem and the other is "unknown modem". I have tried both and neither will work. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds