Internet Explorer Error Number

Discussion in 'Software' started by Oooops!, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi! I use FireFox, but the bf was on my computer using Internet Explorer. He was surfing a website, and told me this error box popped up. I was able to close the window that he was on ok, nothing seems to be wrong with the computer that I've noticed, but would like to know your advice on the error.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Likely causes are out of date or corrupt ActiveX or add-on components to IE, eg. Toolbars etc

Does it happen all the time on any website?

Is it just one site if so what?

Is the site a online games one?

If you have any Toolbars installed for IE remove or update them, also to troubleshoot if indeed add-ons are the issue, then run IE in no add-on mode ( IE7 )

Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

If surfing is ok adn no crashes from IE then you will need to turn off ann Add-ons in Tools > Manage Add-ons > Enable Disable Addons and click all non Microsoft ones and test IE for stability, and enable one by one until you find cuplrit and remove that one.

Generally the culprit is a toolbar or out of date Adobe Flash Player.

*note you cannot manage add-ons in No Add-on mode so you need to open Full IE again.

3. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi, thank you for your help. I haven't seen the error again since posting my thread. I did however, since then receive a notice that I needed to update my Adobe. Maybe that was the culprit?

Thanks a bunch!
    :)

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yes Oooops!

Likely cause was Adobe, so post back if you get it again and we can go from there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds