Internet Explorer Errors (& Java)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Karen13, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Karen13

Karen13 Private E-2

I am getting the attached errors and was wondering if anyone could help...

Some of the symptoms include: Intermittent slow loading pages or pages that will not load at all (had been getting some restarts too). -- It's like I'm getting interupted and then notifications, such as MSN's New Message alerts will pop up to tell me I have new messages that I'd already gone to... It acts as though I just got on the computer all over again. (If that makes sense) -- Also, when I've run Ad-Aware I'll receive a message that it has encountered a problem and needs to close...

System Information:
    Microsoft Windows XP
    Home Edition (Service Pack 2)
    eMachines T2085 AMD Athlon(tm) XP2000+
    1.66 GHz, 224 MB of Ram

Thanks!

Karen

2. Karen13

Karen13 Private E-2

For some reason the attachments didn't work, even though I attached them both the first time - Let me try again...

-- It says the files are to large. Hold on; I'll have to figure out how to attach them a different way -- Sorry!

Karen

3. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

Can you explain what kind of errors your getting? What do the say exactly?

Also, you mentioned your running Ad-Aware, have you been checked for spyware/virus infections lately? Was anything detetced?

4. Karen13

Karen13 Private E-2

Well, I had problems staying online just now... I resized the original screen shots in Paint Shop Pro 7... Here's one of them - the other kept saying it was to large.

Here's a new screen shot of the problem I just had staying online. -- I pulled out the USB Cable and put it back in and was able to get back on just now...

Everything checks out OK through SpyBot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware (when it works)... Also, I ran the CCleaner and have Spyware Blaster installed.

I just did a Hijack This log for "g1lgam3sh" last night, but we haven't had a chance to analyze it yet...

Karen

Attached Files:

5. Karen13

Karen13 Private E-2

My computer just shut down on its own and restarted -- I saved 2 screen shots, with 2 error messages, but these files were too big to upload to MG...

One said that the system had recovered from a serious error and the other one said that Internet Explorer had encountered a problem and needed to close

Also said "Error Caused By a Device Driver"
    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?SGD=cef66f2c-b0a1-4483-b924-4d3260aeb0af&SID=10

Karen

6. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

Hi Karen13

Can you mail me those screenshots. I think it might be time to remove that NIC through BIOS and see what effect that has. Also can do me another control panel, hardware, device manager shot. Whilst you're in there do a right click on the NIC, select properties and let's see what it says.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds