Internet explorer not displaying webpages

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by streetburner, May 3, 2005.

1. streetburner

streetburner Private E-2

Most websites not loading properly & very slow showing no images most of time, checked the usual stuff in tools/options,etc/show pics. Checked registry in hkey_classes_root\gif & jpg etc was ok. All help greatly accepted. I have McAFEE security centre on for past 6 months no probs also Pestpatrol Corporate, & Microsoft antispyware on for months also. Have done everything down to running CCleaner & Spybot. Odd one or two websites run ok, sometimes when I do a refresh I get just a blank screen. Been on 2 other forums told to try this one. Anybody help....................!

2. dedub

dedub Corporal

It sounds like you are still using IE. Try downloading Firefox, if you still get the same results then we know its not a browser issue and we can go from there.

3. streetburner

streetburner Private E-2

Downloaded Firefox, installed, everything now OK. But what will be wrong with IE I had done a reinstall of it a week ago but no difference so possibly something in registry? or !!!!!!!.
    Your comments welcome. Thanks for the help so far.

4. dedub

dedub Corporal

Im glad to here Firefox is working for you. Hopefully I converted another :) As far as IE I cannot give you a solid answer. I sounds like you did everything you could. What I do know is most of the time reinstallig IE will not fix an issue with it, don't know why??? As a last ditch attempt I would use a good Cleaner that really washes IE to INCLUDE the INDEX.DAT files!!!!! Then go through Internet properties and set them all back to default, to include content filtering, browser security and all active X settings. Something else that is good practice (controversal)....... use the search function and find all the *.tmp files on you machine. You might be suprised with how many show up. Make sure you have no programs running when you do this. Next, select all and delete. This way if Windows was being lasy and loading temp files to execute certain functions and those temp files are corrupted, you will have minor issues like you descibed. I have to warn you, do this at your own risk. Though I have done this for years I cannot gaurantee the results on your Box.

Good luck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds