Internet Explorer page wont load HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by edbtzy, Aug 7, 2005.

1. edbtzy

edbtzy Private E-2

hey i recently was going to my hotmail account and tried to log in but when i tried it sent me to a common page saying,

"This page cannot be displayed"

and at the bottom it says...

"Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer"

I know this problem may may be related to an internet situation if so what??? and also many might say it might be the server but its not because i tried on other sites like bestbuy and tried to go to my credit card account and same thing happened...i then went to my other computer and tried it and it entered the site with no problem at all...i also tried upating IE and it still didnt work :(

can somebody please help me with this because its been happening for a while now and i cant enter certain sites without this happening...thank you!

P.S. I have a HP Laptop w/ windows XP PRO

2. dleo97

dleo97 Private E-2

is this happening when you just go to secure sites which require a log on?

3. edbtzy

edbtzy Private E-2

yes i believe so...almost all the sites that acquire a log in i get that error so im going to agree on that

4. dleo97

dleo97 Private E-2

there is a knowledge base article on microsoft.com that covers this and for some reason i cant find it...damn. it happened to me and i fixed it this way, you have to go to the command prompt and type in all of this stuff and it fixes it...starts with a k and im sorry i cant remember but maybe you can find it? sorry but i hope it helps.

5. edbtzy

edbtzy Private E-2

i think i tried that ... u have to like reregister all the .dlls ... i tried that and it didnt work if that is what ur talking about but ill try to find another one...thank you

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds