Internet explorer problem, with xp user accounts

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jam_Master_K, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Jam_Master_K

Jam_Master_K Private E-2

Hi, I just installed dsl [broadband] on my computer and every thing is working fine on my user account. However, i went into my sisters account to configure ie in her account and have experienced problems.

The only setting i changed was in internet properties/connections and i changed to "never dial a connection", and made sure that it wasnt using a proxy server. Then when i opened internet explorer, the pages load however the buttons on most websites dont work. For example: if i go to google.com, and click "google Searc" or "Im feeling lucky" nothing happens, not even an error message. It looks like i am pressing it on the screen, but still nothing happens.If i type in URL's they load up fine but it is just these links or buttons that are causing problems.

It is a brand new computer so i doubt its a spyware proble.I have searched the computer for spyware and carried out the 'sfc /scannnow' command to see if any of windows files are corrupt, but to no avail. I have also tried the reset web settings which didnt fix the problem either. Its strange because internet explorer works fine on my user account.

Any idea's?

2. Wavetar

Wavetar Sergeant

Does her account have the same permissions as yours? I've had strange problems like that when trying to use 'limited' accounts for my kids.

Otherwise, it sounds like it could be a java issue. You could install Firefox & see if that works until you get the problem rectified. She probably won't want to go back!

3. Jam_Master_K

Jam_Master_K Private E-2

Nope...its not the permissions because her account is a computer administrator account.

Could it be a java problem? Should i update java or something?

I already have firefox and yes that is working fine.....but i want to fix explorer as i need that aswell.....for updates and stuff

4. Jam_Master_K

Jam_Master_K Private E-2

Re: Internet explorer problem, with xp user accounts - SOLUTION

Hi again. I solved my problem. I couldnt find anyway around it. I ran all my antivirus/adware/spyware utilities, reinstalled java and XMXL and still it didnt work.

So in the end i just copied my user account profile onto the other uxser account profile and that managed to do it, Howere i did lose some files in the profile i was copying to because i didnt back them up, but it was worth it to have everything working again.

Thanks for your help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds