Internet Explorer running slowly

Discussion in 'Software' started by sleepygamer213, May 3, 2005.

1. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

Here are the stats and a screenshot from TestMy.net My ISP is Comcast and i used to be running at 3.5MB/s but i dont know what happened...

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
    Connection is:: 207 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)
    Download Speed is:: 25 kB/s
    Tested From:: http://testmy.net/ (main)
    Test Time:: Tue May 3 20:17:06 PDT 2005
    Bottom Line:: 4X faster than 56K 1MB download in 40.96 sec
    Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 5.81 % of your hosts average (comcast.net)
    Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-RK7E9QP68

[​IMG]

2. capn_caveman

capn_caveman Sergeant

Try another site google "bandwidth speed test" and hit a few of the sites that pop up to make sure you can repeat these results. If that checks negative, contact your ISP to see if you have any service problems in your area.

3. sleepygamer213

a pop up labeled "Aurora" keeps coming up but none of my programs could recognize it... i dont think there are any slow internet problems in my area because my neighbor is running fast and he has the same cable, and same modem..... Motorolla surfboard

4. capn_caveman

capn_caveman Sergeant

Aurora is a spyware / adware program and that certainly can affect your internet connection. I would repost this in the Spyware specific forum - they are excellent at removing this type of problem!

5. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

6. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

Maybe the fault is with your ISP,no matter what your neighbour might be getting,you should contact them.

7. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

You should probably have started in the Spyware Forum. For the Aurora popups problem, do the following:
    Download and run the uninstaller: Download Here!

8. sleepygamer213

Alright today my ISP is running fine... i checked the other comp on our LAN and it ran also at about .2 mb/s... now, according to testmy.net.. Im back above comcast.net's average...

According to Mcafee... Unlimited :D Lol

[​IMG]

9. capn_caveman

capn_caveman Sergeant

If I were you, I'd still post a thread in the spyware specific forums regarding your Aurora popup problem if you haven't already.

10. sleepygamer213

fixed it and its gone, although i tested before fixing it...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds