Internet Explorer will not load on first try

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cobi, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Cobi

Cobi Private E-2

Hi everyone, I am having trouble opening pages in Internet Explorer in an office environment running Win Server 2008R2. The two client computers having problems are running Win7 and they are hardwired to the LAN.

When I load IE, it will not load on the first try (but if I hit refresh, it will load the page). The problem happens randomly and it happens in both secure and non-secure websites.

When it doesn't load, it gives me the standard IE error:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
    You are not connected to the Internet.
    The website is encountering problems.
    There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
    Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
    The website is temporarily unavailable.
    The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
    The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
    If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
    To view subscribed feeds

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
    Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

I have active Symantec Endpoint Protection on my system. No issues with viruses.

It's also not really causing a problem necessarily. I'd just like to know if this is a common issue with IE 9?

Thanks

Cobi

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I think my first thought or option to rule of a 3rd party app is disable Norton Endpoint, reboot and try again internet connection.

Windows Server 2008R2 should be fine, personally I running Server 2011 and IE9 with no issues, but I'm using Forefront Endpoint 2010

3. Cobi

Cobi Private E-2

Thanks for the prompt response David. I will go ahead and try that tonight and see what I get. I'll post tomorrow. Thanks again.

Cobi

4. Cobi

Cobi Private E-2

HI!

Sorry I took long to reply. No luck disabling Norton. Also ruled out 3rd party applications by starting the machine on "Safe mode with networking". The same issue presents.

I am thinking it is some sort of grout policy or firewall restriction since this happens only with computers that belong to the Office network (domain). I know this because I brought a laptop to the office, connected it to the wireless network (without entering it to the office domain) and the internet works fine, I can connect to any website, and it does it at full speed.

If anyone has any ideas, PLEASE let me know. Thanks in advance!

COBI

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds