Internet Explorer wont allow me to post pics on Facebook

Discussion in 'Software' started by ifruci, Sep 2, 2009.

1. ifruci

ifruci Private E-2

Hi internet explorer wont allow me to upload pics to facebook. it says this....

A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to close this webpage. Can someone help?

2. ~Q~

~Q~ Command Sergeant Major

Hi ifruci, welcome to majorgeeks.

Have you got any add-ons installed in IE? if so try disabling or removing them.

It is possible that a rogue ad is causing the problem, as i believe facebook has had that issue before, in which case IE is saving you from some sort of malware.

Are you able to upload photo's fine everywhere else?

Have you considered using a better browser? IE is renound for being vulnerable and generally cack.

Firefox is a much superior browser, and unless their surname is Gates i dont think you will find anyone who disagrees with that :)

http://majorgeeks.com/Mozilla_Firefox_3_d2248.html

Q

3. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

There is the option to run IE (No Add-Ons). On this PC it is under Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools. Also in Control Panel>Internet Options>under the Programs Tab there is a Manage add-ons button. Am using Opera 10.00 browser at the moment, but always leave IE 8 as default web browser

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds