Internet IE 8 home page problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by foxy45, May 17, 2009.

1. foxy45

foxy45 Private E-2

I always have my home page set to bbc.co.uk but as soon as I start up the internet I get

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspxget

which is the microsoft page suggesting I update to IE8 even though I'm already on IE8.

If I click on the little house icon it does then go to my home page. I've used 'Add or Change Home Page' and told it only use My Home Page but all to no avail.

How can I stop this microsoft page coming up. I wouldn't have thought it was a virus or hijack with it being Microsoft.

Many thanks

2. oma

oma MajorGeek

XP? If so, did you go to Program Access and Defaults and check in "custom"? Make changes there if needed.

3. foxy45

foxy45 Private E-2

I am using XP. My system is set to 'custom' and 'current web browser' and access to IE, etc

I can't see any mention of 'home page options' and the rest of the stuff is re email, media player, etc which doesn't seem relevant.

So no joy I'm afraid.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds