Internet options and internet explorer not working

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stinger14uk, May 16, 2014.

1. Stinger14uk

Stinger14uk Private E-2

Hi could u please try and help. I have windows 7 on an Asua x53E series laptop. I was on my laptop a couple of nights ago and everything was working fine but I tried to open internet explorer or google chrome today and nothing is opening. I tried looking into internet options and this won't open either! My interet connection is working fine as I have updated iTunes since I've had the issue but I can't seem to access any internet websites and I feel stuck!! Can anyone help?

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

It could be that you've got a ton of cache and temporary files causing the issue. Download and run CCleaner (download from Major Geeks) at it's default settings and see if it helps.

3. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Hey buddy, have you tried opening up IE in Safe Mode with Networking? Have you run any malware/virus scans ?

4. Stinger14uk

Stinger14uk Private E-2

I have panda internet security on my laptop and it regularly runs scans and stuff and hasn't raised any issues. The thing is I can't get any web browsers to open at all so I can't download any other virus or malware software. Should I reset my laptop to factory settings?

5. mdonah

Can you do a System Restore to a point just prior to having your issues? If not, you may need to restore the computer to factory settings.

6. Stinger14uk

Stinger14uk Private E-2

I've already tried a restoring to the last time it was working properly but no luck. Will take all documents off system and try restoring. Have you any experience with panda security? I'm not sure it's working correctly an was wondering if anyone has ever had any issues?

7. mdonah

Unfortunately, I've only run Panda cloud antivirus but didn't have any issues with it. I haven't run their internet security.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds