Internet Protocol TCP/IP missing from Network Properties

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by neldan, Oct 8, 2007.

1. neldan

neldan Private E-2

I have tried to reinstall the protocol and I get an error that the file is missing.
    It used to be there. I am running XP Pro sp2 (pre-install), Intel pro wireless 3945, AVG (recent scan clean), Comodo firewall, Spyware blaster, all updates.VMware server (the guest bridged internet connection used to work, the nat still does)
    I just uninstalled comodo Boclean as this is the most recent change to the system, but I still get the error. My connection still works but I want the protocol.

I need help repairing the file so I can reinstall the protocol.

Thanks

2. neldan

neldan Private E-2

Okay, this is wher I am so far.
    I came across MS kb 299357 that resets the Internet Protocol but that didn't work.

I found this;
    You have a bad registry entry.

Start, Run, regedit

Click on this key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    Scroll past the folders to show this value: DevicePath

The value should be %SystemRoot%\Inf and of type REG_EXPAND_SZ

I checked into this and my key value is about half a page long. I'll post if anyone's interested.

I found another thread that suggested to uninstall the wireless drivers. I did that and received and error that the driver could not be uninstalled, it was needed for reboot. I restarted the computer and 'new hardware was found, installed but would not work properly.'
    I tried installing the manufacturers (sony) driver and was told that I would have to manually uninstall the driver in order to downgrade as the driver currently installed was a newer version. Still not working.
    I tried the Intel 3945 abg driver. I received an error that the install failed because the system could not find the file.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Oh, forgot to mention I can't install any thing in the network properties, ie. Client,... not just Internet Protocol.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

4. neldan

neldan Private E-2

Thanks for your post Colemanguy,

I tried that command and nothing changed. My reset log was the same as the one on the link you gave. I was also missing Network Monitor Driver, AEGIS Protocol and WLAN transport from my Wireless Network Connections Properties.

I restored an image of my OS and this has fixed the problem. This thread is closed.

Thanks again Colemanguy

Dan

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds