Internet Slowdowns

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ICeMaN, Sep 17, 2004.

1. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

I've been having huge noticeable slowdowns in using the internet lately, to the point where I can't play any games online anymore. CoH drops out after a couple of minutes, UT can't even load a server list, and Tribes: Vengeance Beta can't authenticate any servers. Downloading a file larger than 10mb's is out, as the connection time's out. Half the time I can barely get an image to fully load from deviantart.com.

I do know that there's a big push in my area for people to switch to the RR Premium and VoIP package, and was wondering if that could have anything to do with it.

I've repeatedly tried resetting my modem, router, changed the MTU settings, and tried eliminating the router as I thought it might be bottlenecking the connection. It's all the same. So I guess my question is this: Should I call Time Warner and ask for a new modem, or change the account to include the new service?

2. SiLenZe

SiLenZe Private First Class

give them a call and they might be able to run tests on your modem.
    i get a new modem every year. you can go to the time warner office or any kiosk that sells service. best to have the latest and greatest anyway.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds