internet usage confusion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by silverbullet, Feb 3, 2010.

1. silverbullet

silverbullet Private First Class

I live in an area of the UK were we can only have 1 internet provider. I am looking at getting a package from them (since i have no choice) but all there packages have changed to limited useage packages...

Theres a lite, a mid, and a pro package to choose from. The mid and the pro are the only logical choices for me. The pro has these specs

Up to 24Mbps connection speed
    Up to 1Mbps upload speed
    A huge 75GB usage allowance PLUS unlimited downloads from midnight to 8am
    Inclusive wireless router
    Free Technical Support

The mid has these specs

Up to 24Mbps connection speed
    Up to 1Mbps upload speed
    10GB usage allowance
    Inclusive router
    Free Technical Support

Now clearly the major difference is the usage limit, mid being 10GB and pro being 75GB a month...

Now my problem with the limit is i put a lot of hours of gaming in a day, usually 3-5 hours, more info on the pro package reveals that it is ideal for someone who Plays online games for more than 15 hours (a month im asuming) But how much usage does playing games, and browsing the inter actually take up?

The packages are here for you to view
    http://tinyurl.com/ybzr6zw

Thank you for your time

2. Calsu

Calsu Private E-2

Online gaming, i would say about 10kb/s bandwidth usage, mine goes from 5to8kb/s, so (i donĀ“t really know howto calculate this) it would be 3600kb of data in an hour.

Streaming videos and stuff, whole different story.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds