Internet won't work, pc says connection is up.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rexmundi, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Rexmundi

Rexmundi Guest

Hello, recently I can't acces internet with one of my lap tops(1), my other laptop(2) and desk top work fine.

It all happened after a bad attack of antivirus system pro 2010, now I have my lap top(1) cleaned, but internet still won't work. My lap top(1) says there is a connection but whenever I try to update a program or use IE it says there is no connection or it says that the webpage can't be shown.

I checked my router with my other lap top(2) and that says that both my lap tops make a connection to the router so I suspect it's a problem on my lap top(1). It quite possibly has to do with the invection earlier mentioned, however I have no idear where to look.

I also post a thread in the maleware section of MajorGeeks forum. see this link for logs etc.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=203769

I just put this aditional thread up because I might be asking in the wrong section.

I put numbers behind the mentioning of lap tops to make it clearer which lap top I mean ;)

Thanks in advance

Rex.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds