Inverter keeps blowing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jools1976, Jan 13, 2011.

1. jools1976

jools1976 Sergeant

I have an HP DV9000 which had vertical trace lines running through the display. I installed a new LCD cable which worked fine for about 2 or 3 weeks, then the screen went dark, with a faint image in the background. I checked the output voltage on the inverter, and there was nothing there. I installed a new inverter card, and everything worked fine for about 3 minutes, then the inverter died again (Same faint image, but no output voltage to the backlight). Any ideas as to what could be killing my inverter card? I don't want to get another inverter until I know what's causing the fault. My first inclination is to look at the LCD cable, but it worked fine for almost a month, so why all of a sudden would a brand new cable start frying inverters? Any ideas? Both the inverter and the LCD cable installed were brand new.

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Heat and its a known issue with most of the dv series having problems.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds