Iomatic - Registry Medic

Discussion in 'Software' started by jochris, Jan 7, 2008.

1. jochris

jochris Private E-2

Iomatic
    I bought Registry Medic from the version 2 to the latest one Ver. 5.0 I got a problem with that version: When I check my register, my local Wi-Fi network doesn’t work anymore, so I should restore my PC to use it. I asked for help to Iomatic from where I bought it. I never got a reply! Long time ago I also bought from them BitCleaner. It never worked. I also asked to Iomatic, they never reply.
    Last week I bought RegSweep, it works fine! I will never buy again from Iomatic!
    This is just to warn people willing to buy software from them.

2. jochris

jochris Private E-2

Thank you for your comments.
    First of all I did not recommend any software, I bought RegSweep just because I could not use Registry Medic and I only discover MajorGeeks TODAY!
    My remark is only to alert people willing to buy Iomatic software without any support.
    For sure I will check MajorGeeks’recommanded software!
    With my very best regards,
    Christian

3. drighten

drighten Private E-2

Maybe I am shooting myself in the foot here, but I for one did appreciate the warning about Iomatic. Maybe I am too trusting, but I have bought online from folks without a brick and mortar address (think Symantec, back in the early days). Further, I do think you were perhaps a bit harsh on the messenger - we don't shoot them anymore, do we? I also noticed that jochris was on his first and second posts, which would indicate he just only found the Major Geeks forums, as I have only just. The quickest way to run newbies off is to browbeat them on their first post. This would not bode well for the future of a forum if all its elder members did this. Without new meat, no one eats. Apologees if I have stepped out of line. Thought it needed saying.

4. drighten

drighten Private E-2

I agree wholeheartedly, but felt something needed to be said. I will try to hold my tongue in future.

5. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> I agree wholeheartedly, but felt something needed to be said. I will try to hold my tongue in future. drighten <<

I'm sorry to hear that you got ripped off like that. Even though you might feel foolish or taken advantage of right this moment, I hope that you don't mind if I offer some advice that might just help you to avoid this problem the next time you buy online. It might not help in this instance; however the following tips usually work for me.

When making any online purchase; the more information you gather from a variety of sources beforehand; the better the chance of getting the desirable outcome will be. It is amazing how much trouble even a little bit of research will save computer users and unfortunately; how much wasted cost in terms of time as well as money (not to mention system damage) that any "gotta-get-this-right-now" impulse buying can consequentially cause.

Whenever I'm considering a new product or service, online or retail - I always do a web search using carefully arranged search terms like the following examples:

(1) Go to say, Google, AltaVista or AlltheWeb.com (all three - even better!)
    (2) Type in these exact words: "Product XYZ problem"
    (3) Type in these exact words: "Product XYZ review"
    (4) Type in these exact words: "Product XYZ rip-off"
    (5) Compare results then Copy & Paste the reviews onto to a WORD or Notebook file
    (6) Name the document after the product.
    (7) Save the document in a folder named something like "Possible Buys."

Also, always beware of the reviews from so-called "Referral" websites which are notorious throughout the web for leaving out critical information; particularly shareware sites that are always interested far more in "turning a buck" than pleasing customers. Many sites disguise using what are actually ADS by the word "Review!" when they are actually just shilling the product using the product's developers' or company information.

My own personal "no-go" rules regarding purchasing shareware products:

Never buy any shareware product:
    (1) that does not offer at least a 30-day trial
    (2) without thoroughly examining the Support Section first
    (3) when the Support Section FAQ offers mostly purchasing Q & A
    (4) that offers only a "Contact Us" link and no "On-Site" Support Forum
    (5) when a freeware product performs the same function (obvious but true)
    (6) when the home site offers no "FAQ pages" and/or refers only to the program's Help File.

This method may sound like a lot of work; but after you try it a few times it becomes like clockwork. And doing this beforehand will definitely save you money, time and aggravation later on down the line. The more information that you have from a variety of sources the better the chance of getting the desirable outcome will be.

The Better Business Bureau's web site is another useful source: There you can search out any business by their company name, phone number or type in any company's URL to search for records and complaints.

Good Luck!

6. drighten

drighten Private E-2

COMPUABLE, your post contains excellent advice. I hope 'jochris' remained around long enough to read it. Thanks for jumping in.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds