ipad no video repair

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by daluder, Nov 28, 2011.

1. daluder

daluder Private E-2

long story but i will try to make it short. Looking for help.

I found an ipad in the middle of the street while it was raining in a case. the ipad is in perfect condition but was wet. No info on it regarding the owner.

I put it in a bag of rice for two weeks and it now works except for no video. It speaks back commands and syncs and also was able to update it to 5.01. everything works but it has no video. what part is needed to show the video?

I have tried to call apple to report the serial number but they want to charge to talk to them. I don't want to spend money to fix it to have someone claim it later that it is theirs.

Couple questions.

1. Do i just throw it in the trash and just forget about it?

2. Do i spend money to repair it?

3. I run a computer repair shop so i could try fixing it myself. What parts are needed to fix the no video screen. google has been no help.

As always thanks in advance.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Honestly, I would walk into an Apple store and ask them. All Apple products are designed to not be opened by the end user per Steve Jobs. Reading his book now, wish I was done with it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds