IPAD to TV via HDMI adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kjhansen56, Jul 22, 2014.

1. kjhansen56

kjhansen56 Corporal

I have an IPAD mini and bought an adapter that lets me attach it to an HDMI cable and to a TV. When I try to watch TNT it will show the ads, but when the actual show comes up the TV screen goes blank. I still get sound, but no picture. I have the "Watch TNT" application that I use to watch the shows, and it works fine on the IPAD but not on the TV. Any thoughts?
    kjhansen

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Is the adapter HDCP compliant?

3. kjhansen56

kjhansen56 Corporal

Hmm. That's a good question. Answer: I don't know. It's an Apple product--Apple IPAD Mini Lightning Digital AV Adapter. Doesn't say anywhere that it is HDCP compliant, not in the literature or on the Apple website, but it doesn't say that it isn't either.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds