1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by epsonone, Aug 17, 2007.

1. epsonone

epsonone Private First Class

When going to Start / run / CMD /typing in IPCONFIG not recognise.....yet accepts other commands .......any one any ideas please :confused
  2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

What exact error does it give ?

The IPCONFIG command is actually a command line program usually in your system32 folder.

try the command %systemroot%\system32\ipconfig

If the above works then the chances are your path environment variable is missing system32, type path into a command prompt and post the output here.
  3. epsonone

C:\Documents and settings\alex.ALEX-F57831BCBO>path
    PATH =C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\
  4. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

ok your path variable is messed up

run a command prompt and copy paste the following in and hit enter.

See if your ipconfig works now.
  5. epsonone

Cheers Matt working fine now, How would I lose the PATH and how do u prevent it happen again
  6. epsonone

I have to keep putting path in to get IPCONFIG Also when try to get in to my netgear router busy indicator keeps comming up
    Does any one think I might have a trojan
  7. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

8. epsonone

thanks for all the help :wave