Iphone 6+ Upload Photo Problem

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by theremotedr, May 22, 2016.

1. theremotedr

theremotedr Master Sergeant

Hi,
    Ive put an upload button on my contact form but i am "nobody else" cant get it to upload the image
    Any advice would be great or anybody with iphone 6 /6+ even better.

The form is attached to a link on my eBay page.
    Please can you do this.
    Go here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111982737837?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
    On the description part of the listing you will see a flashing image "ASK ANY QUESTIONS"
    Please click on it,you then should see a contact form.
    Look down the form & select "UPLOAD A FILE BOX"
    Now in your iphone select any image & click on done.
    The contact form will now start uploading 1,2,3 % etc etc to 100% or it will say "FAILED"

The problem i am having is when i select an image from my phone then click done i am taking back to the eBay page.

If i double click the home button i would expect to see eBay & my contact form,i only see eBay.

I have sent messages to friends to do the same.
    All have replied back saying "YEP UPLOADED FINE"
    This being,
    iPhone 5,5c,5s,6 & 6+
    Also iPad Air & iPad 3
    Also Samsung Gaalaxy S6

Why am i unable to do it on my 6+ ????
    Cache & cookies deleted.
    Phone reset.
    Latest ios Update
    etc etc

I have installed Chrome app & these steps work fine.
    I can do exactley the same thing on my PC & all works fine as it should.

Many thanks for your time in reading this story.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Have you also posted for help with this on the official Apple iPhone support forums?
    I say that as for anyone here to test it they would need both an Apple iPhone 6 and an ebay account.
    That might mean a long wait here.

3. theremotedr

No eBay account is required but i will look thanks.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

What you say appears ('ask any question') does not appear in that link. It's a UK ebay link and I'm in the UK. At least, I tried in two browsers and couldn't see any flashing image.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  5. theremotedr

Ive just clicked on it and im taken to the correct page

6. theremotedr

If you are on a mobile you must click on description then you will see the image link

7. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I get that page whether I'm logged into my ebay account or not, and no flashing image 'Ask Any Question' - same happens in Firefox and Chrome. There is no such link or image in 'description'.
    I'm not using a mobile to do that???? Why would I need to! lol and my smart phone is not an iPhone.

8. theremotedr

After you click the link do you then click on item description etc.

What areyou using to do this,iphone etc ?

9. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

There is NO clickable link for 'Description' - there is the description, and 'revisions' and that's it. And no link or flashing image for 'ask any question'.
    Maybe it renders differently in an iPhone than on a windows laptop.
    Untitled.jpg

10. theremotedr

You are on pc correct ?

11. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Windows 10 laptop. But none of this matters. It should be the same on any device.
    But if you cannot upload something to that listing in your iPhone 6, but others you say can, then the problem is on your phone.

12. theremotedr

You are not understanding the issue.
    I dont want to upload to that listing.
    The fault is not on laptop or pc but only iphone 6+ otherwise you will not see the fault.

On pc/laptop there is the flashing message which does then send you to a form etc.
    You must have something disabled so it doesnt flash or redirect you.

Thanks anyway

13. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

OK good luck but do go back and re-read your original post and what you asked people here to do. I have nothing disabled in Chrome that would cause a problem and I disabled (ie allowed) my script blocker in Fx. I've been using ebay for years with no problems buying or selling.
    I already know the fault you have is on your iPhone and that's why I suggested you post on an Apple iPhone forum. ;)

Eldon likes this.
  14. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

MaxTurner is correct. The problem is with your iPhone.
    I had no problem using a Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo, or with Internet Explorer 9 in Windows 7.
    BTW The 'Ask any questions' flashes on my phone but not on my PC.

After clicking Send, you will be taken back to that eBay page.
    What exactly do you want to do?
    I would imagine you click Ask any questions, fill in the form, click Send, and your done.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds