IRQL not less or equal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by danjotom, Jul 2, 2005.

1. danjotom

danjotom Private First Class

My pc is going to a blue screen and coming up with message IRQL not less or equal, it also has more info about newly installed hardware/software and disabling cache or shadowing. I have Two dvd drives a grahpics card, tv tuner, a fire wire card all on my pc. Any thoughts

2. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

More info on new hardware software?
    Is the bios set option set for pnp os?

3. danjotom

no new software to speak of. Hardware is a alg dual layer dvd burner,msi dvd burner,cmedia sound card, super digital tv capture card with a phillips chip set and graphics card im not sure, ati i think. What settings do I need to change on my gigabyte GA-7VM400m motherboard

4. Anon-068c403e2d

what does device manager say?

5. danjotom

under display adapters it has radeon 9250 and radeon 9250(secondary)

6. Anon-068c403e2d

Right click>properties>resources>is there a conflict?

7. danjotom

No conflicts! What is IRQL and what is its purpose. Thankyou for helping me out!!!!!

8. Anon-068c403e2d

irq are lines between the processor and hardware.If you set bios to plug and play OS and if your os is win xp then irq troubles are rare.
    Try run>msinfo32>hardware resources>irqs.

9. danjotom

It all seems ok, what would i be looking for?

10. Anon-068c403e2d

Which os do you have?What are the latest drivers you installed?If you havent installed a new device or driver recently then try microsoft sugestion:
    Microsoft Description
    How to gather info from a stop error
    pstat tool (should work on xp and 2000)
    The way would be to compare the starting adress of the LoadAddr column from the dump file and find the device driver file with the pstat tool.It would be a lot easier if you can find which device is the cause some other way.

11. danjotom

Thanks for all your help. I will have a bit of a play and see what happens.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds