Irritating game issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bogus283, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Bogus283

Bogus283 Private E-2

Not long ago i installed UT3 only to find, much to my dismay, that it would lock up anytime i wasn't holding down a mouse button. So long as i held the mouse button, things were smooth as silk, but holding your fire button constantly tends to make shooters impossible, particularly when rockets are involved.

I've run into similar problems with a couple other games, and today after installing titan quest : immortal throne for the first time, i discovered that it would only run whilst i was holding the enter key. I've updated all my drivers and I've the latest version of direct x. I can think of nothing else to update.

2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
    2Gb ddr2 800
    ATI x1600 /w 256mb onboard

2. kwalls22

kwalls22 Private E-2

have u checked for viruses? and have you try a different mouse? i had a mouse the thats it doesn't click right after i brought a different mouse, my problems away

2.13Ghz Core 2 Duo
    2g ddr2 800 Super Talent
    MSI 512MB GeForce 7900GS OC

3. Bogus283

Bogus283 Private E-2

As far as i know, there are no viruses on my pc, and the mouse is in perfect working condition. I have tried with alternative mice and the result is the same.

4. ibbonkers

ibbonkers First Sergeant

do you have a keyboard to try? I had an issue with keyboard constantly crashing programs due to a stuck key. Couldn't hurt to try.

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

A few basic questions:
    Is the game fully patched? Does the problem follow you regardless of which control scheme you're using? Does the mouse require special drivers, and if so, are they fully up to date?

6. TollhouseFrank

TollhouseFrank Private First Class

usb or ps2 mouse? if ps2, possible the port is mucked up and ya need to switch to ps2. if usb, try another usb port.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds