is a clean install possible from xp upgrade cd

Discussion in 'Software' started by Malcus, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Malcus

Malcus Private E-2

i have an xp upgrade cd but would prefer to do a clean install. do i only need the setup files or is there more to it than that ? i just need to know if it can be done before i go ahead and upgrade or break down and buy the full version. thanks in advance for any help.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

if you have the install cd of any previous Microsoft OS (win3.x, 95,98,ME,2000) then you can do a clean install. The installation will prompt you for one of the cd's to verify that you do have a previous version and qualify for the upgrade installation. you do NOT need to install the previous Operating system..only provide the cd for the WinXP installation to scan.

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Kodo is right on, as usual.
    You can.
    I did.
    And it is a hell of a lot cheaper to buy an "upgrade" than a "new install ".
    I did, and saved heaps of $$$$. Bazza
    ===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds